Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I'm famous...but not in a way I want

I jumped on the Tennesseans web site this morning only to find a link to a searchable database of ALL CCW holders in Tennessee. Great...a shopped list provided by the local liberal rag once again showing their true colors. I don't understand what the HELL they thought they were going to accomplish with this little stunt. I don't really hide the fact that I carry a gun. I don't go around telling everyone within earshot HI!!!! I HAVE A GUN. My family and friends know I carry. I'm discrete about it for the most part. Regardless it's a rather private issue to have thrown about willy nilly like that. Evidently the database didn't exist very long due to outrage and hundreds of phone calls their front desk deceived. Now...there are two schools of thought. It can be argued that it's a "don't go to that house to rob" list or a "lookie..that house has guns" list for the local scumbags. I want to know what that list is public record? I can't look up who just bought a car, a ton of jewelry, or someone who made a large cash withdrawal. The simple fact that any asshole can find a record of which houses have guns in them is rather stupid. Can I pull prescription records to find out who just refilled their pain killer prescription?

Again and again...the lack of forethought and planning by our elected officials surprises me.

No comments: